Wednesday, April 2, 2014

All change

Little did I suspect that my attendance at the Learning Technologies 2010 (LT10) conference would lead to such a welcome career change…

…over the last 12 months or so I have become to realise that my L&D career to date has been very ‘traditional’; by traditional I mean that I hadn’t fully recognised the breadth of technology that was available to enhance learning activities. Sure I had seen, participated in, and even designed a number of traditional ‘click next’ e-learning modules, I had downloaded and listened to podcasts (mainly from the Ricky Gervais camp!) and had even dabbled in Facebook (but gave up on it after getting one too many ‘nudges’). However I had never fully recognised how these and other tools (or having attended LT10, I now term ‘Web 2.0 technologies’) could be used to such great effect for learning purposes.

I returned to my organisation on a ‘high’, not only from having been surrounded by like-minded L&D professionals for 2 days, but also from the thirst for knowledge that had been created for all things ‘technological’.

It appears that this personal ‘high’ was not lost on my organisation who have offered me a change of role from L&D Adviser to Learning and Communications Technologist. Whilst the role profile has not yet been written it will involve looking at how as an organisation we can better harness technology to enhance both formal and informal learning activities.

If you have any advice that you would like to offer as I take this new role forward, I shall look forward to hearing from you.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment